Associate Professor: Teaching undergraduates and postgraduates courses
Since June 2015 Priyadarshi Satpati is Assistant Professor at the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering (BSBE) at IIT Guwahati. Before that he worked three month as Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry at Cotton College State University (CCSU), Guwahati. 2012 – 2014 he was researcher at Uppsala University (Sweden) with Prof Johan Åqvist. Priyadarshi’s research topic was: Molecular Dynamics Free energy calculations for understanding accuracy in mRNA translation
From 2008 – 2011 he was postdoctoral fellow at the Ecole Polytechnique, Paris (France) with Prof Thomas Simonson conducting research on Molecular dynamic simulations of initiation factors.
- Ph.D (2008): Dept. of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (with Prof K. L. Sebastian). Thesis Title: “Theoretical Investigations Of Structure, Energy and Properties of A few Inorganic Compounds”. Area: Electronic Structure Calculations
- M.Sc (2002), Physcical Chemistry: Banaras Hindu University
- B.Sc (2000), Chemistry: St. Paul’s C. M. College, Kolkata
Understanding speed and accuracy of biological processes using molecular dynamics and electronic structure calculations.
Research interest in relevance of the project
- Understanding speed and accuracy of biological processes using molecular
Field of Expertise
Molecular Dynamics & Electronic Structure Calculations
- Abhishek Kumar, D. Mukherjee, and P. Satpati*, Mutations in Parkinson’s Disease Associated Protein DJ-1 Alter the Energetics of DJ-1 Dimerization.
J. Chem. Inf. Model. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jcim.8b00687, (Accepted, 2019).
- G. Pandit, H. Ilyas, S. Ghosh, A. P. Bidkar, Sk. A. Mohid, A. Bhunia*, P. Satpati*, and S. Chatterjee*, Insights into the Mechanism of Antimicrobial Activity of Seven-Residue Peptides. J. Med. Chem. 61(17), 7614–7629 (2018)
- Amit Kumar and P. Satpati*, Energetics of preferential binding of RIG-I to double-stranded viral RNAs with 5′ tri/di phosphate over 5′ monophosphate.
ACS Omega 3(4), 3786–3795 (2018)
- Amit Kumar, D. Basu, and P. Satpati*, Structure Based Energetics of Stop Codon Recognition by Eukaryotic Release Factor. J. Chem. Inf. Model, 57(9), 2321–2328 (2017)
- P. Satpati, J. Åqvist, Why base tautomerization does not cause errors in mRNA decoding on the ribosome. Nucleic Acids Research, 42, 12876-12884 (2014)
Complete list of publications
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)
Phone: +91 361 258 3205
Fax: +91 361 258 2249