Subhra Sankar Dhar
Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Subhra Sankar Dhar is an Associate Professor in Statistics at the IIT Kanpur, India. His research interest includes mainly non-parametric Statistical methods along with Statistical Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition. He would like to invent various data analytic toolkit (for instance, visualisation tool or new methodology) so that people can analyse the data conveniently. Apart from work related to research in Statistics, he is also interested in different topics in Social Science and psychology. Besides, he also likes to watch different sports.
Projects within the Big Data Project/ Supervised students within the Big Data Project/ Anticipated projects
I am thinking of creating new visualisation tool/tools for high
dimensional or big data.
Research interest in relevance of the project
- Non-parametric Regression
- Robust Statistical Methods
- Statistical Pattern Recognition
- Statistical Signal Processing
Field of Expertise
- Dhar, S. S., Kundu, D. and Das, U. (2019) Tests for the Parameters of Chirp Signal Model. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 67, 4291–4301.
- Dhar, S. S., Bergsma, W. and Dassios, A. (2018) Testing Independence of Covariates and Errors in Nonparametric Regression.
Scandinavian Journal of Statistics , 45 , 421–443.
- Dhar, S. S., Dassios, A. and Bergsma, W. (2016) A Study of the Power and Robustness of a New Test for Independence against Contiguous Alternatives.
Electronic Journal of Statistics , 10 , 330–351.
- Dhar, S. S. (2016) Trimmed Mean Isotonic Regression.
Scandinavian Journal of Statistics , 43 , 202–212.
- Dhar, S. S., Chakraborty, B. and Chaudhuri, P. (2014) Comparison of Multivariate Distributions Using Quantile-Quantile Plots and Related Tests.
Bernoulli , 20 , 1484–1506.
- Dhar, S. S. and Chaudhuri, P. (2012) On the Derivatives of the Trimmed Mean.
Statistica Sinica , 22 , 655-679.
Complete list of publications
Office : 512 A, Faculty building at the IIT Kanpur.