Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
Principal Investigator | Supervisor
Research interests of relevance to the project
The goal of Arnab Bhattacherjee’s lab is to decipher the molecular details of protein folding. They also look at the dynamics and interactions of proteins with other biomolecules such as proteins, peptides or nucleic acids. This has long term implications for combating medical conditions such as Creuzfeld-Jacob, Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE, Mad Cow disease), Alzheimer’s and cancer.
The lab primarily adopts theoretical and different molecular simulation techniques at various levels of complexity and integrates experimental data to address the problems. On a recent note, they have started investigating the mechanism and biophysics of different molecular motors and nanomachines from a system perspective. In addition, the group has a keen interest in understanding the kintecis and molecular mechanism of nano-particle formation and their growth.
Field of Expertise
- Structural Biology
- Role of Macromolecular Crowding on the Intracellular Diffusion of DNA Binding Proteins by Pinki Dey and Arnab Bhattacherjee* Nature Scientific Reports, 8:844 | DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-18933-3 , 2018.
- Searching target sites on DNA by proteins: Role of DNA dynamics under confinement by Anupam Mondal & Arnab Bhattacherjee* Nucleic Acid Research, 43, 9176–9186, 2015.
- Understanding the Role of DNA Topology in Target Search Dynamics of Proteins by Anupam Mondal & Arnab Bhattacherjee* Journal of Physical Chemistry B,DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.7b08199, 2017.
- Exploring protein-peptide binding specificity through computational peptide screening. By Arnab Bhattacherjee and Stefan Wallin. Plos Computational Biology 9 (10), e1003277, 2013.
- Search by proteins for their DNA target site: 1. The effect of DNA conformation on protein sliding. By Arnab Bhattacherjee and Yaakov Levy. Nucleic Acid Research, 42(20), 12404, 2014.
Jawaharlal Nehru University