Assistant Professor at the Department of Biochemistry
University of Allahabad
Munish Kumar has more than 12 years’ experience in molecular biology. Presently serving as Assistant Professor at the Department of Biochemistry, he is working on gene-gene and gene-environment interaction and risk to lung cancer. He works on population genetics and creates a data base about Phase I and Phase II gene. He is also working on case control groups and its association to various cancers among Indian population.
In his spare time he likes to keep the ball rolling on the basketball court.
Munish Kumar is interested to create data base about genetic polymoprphism and cancer suceptibility among Indian population.
- Role of microRNA in cardiovascular disease and diabetic condition
- Neurovascular remodeling in hyperhomcysteinemia condition
- Gene Polymorphism and association to cancer risk
Field of Expertise
Genetic polymorphism, Population genetics, Cancer biology and RNA biology
- Wang L, Kumar M, Deng Q, Wang X, Liu M, Gong Z, Zhang S, Ma X, Xu-Monette ZY, Xiao M, Yi Q, Young KH, Ramos KS, Li Y. (2019). 2. ,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induces peripheral blood abnormalities and plasma cell neoplasms resembling multiple myeloma in mice. Cancer Lett. 2019 Jan;440-441:135-144. I.F.7.0
- Nath N, Prasad HK, Kumar M.(2018) Cerebroprotective effects of hydrogen sulfide in homocysteine-induced neurovascular permeability: Involvement of oxidative stress, arginase, and matrix metalloproteinase-9. J Cell Physiol. 2018 Sep 12. doi: 10.1002/jcp.27120.
- Qian Huang, Jiajia Xi, Lei Wang, Xu Wang, Xiaodong Ma, Qipan Deng, Yong Lu, Kumar M, Zhiyuan Zhou, Ling Li, Chaoyang Zeng, Ken Young, Qing Yi, Mingzhi Zhang, Yong Li. (2018). miR-153 Suppresses IDO1 Expression and Enhances CAR T Cell Immunotherapy Journal of Hematology and Oncology. 11:58: 1-12 I.F 6.7.
- Jiajia Xi, Qian Huang, Xiaodong Ma, Qipan Deng, Kumar M, Zhi Cao, Xu Wang, Lei Wang, Wei Li, Xinfang Yu, , Yong Li. (2018). miR-21 Depletion in Macrophages Promotes Tumoricidal Polarization and Enhances PD-1 Immunotherapy. Oncogene. 37(23):3151-3165 I.F 9.3
- Ritambhara, Anup Kumar, Daya Shankar Lal Srivastava, Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu, and Kumar M. (2017). GSTM1/GSTT1 Gene Polymorphism in North Indian Population and their Association to Hypertension. Biosciences, Biotechnology Research Asia, 14(4):1269-1275. I.F 0.4.
- MA X*, Kumar M*, Choudhury SN, Barker R, Kankamedala K, Liu M and Li Y. (2011) Loss of the miR-21 allele elevates the expression of its target genes and reduces tumorigenesis. Proceedings of national Academy of Sciences, (PNAS), 108:10144-10149. * Equal contribution. IF: 10.
- Kumar M, Lu Z, Takwi AAL, Chen W, Callander NS, Ramos KS, Young KH and Li Y. (2011). Negative regulation of the tumor suppressor p53 gene by microRNAs. Oncogene. 27; 30:843-853. IF: 9.6.
Department of Biochemistry
University of Allahabad